We are happy to inform you that we will be present at Walking Festival Almeixial!
Mark in your schedules this weekend 28th and 29th of 2018, because you wouldn’t want to miss this unique opportunity!
Part of our release schedule is participation in the following events like Walking Festival Almeixial, where you – the reals user will be the first ones to interact with our application on field. Isn’t this exciting? 🙂 This will be a fantastic experience for all of us and your first valuable feedback will help us to improve our application!
We will have an information stand in Fonte da Seiceira, Ameixial on Saturday from 14:00 till 18:00 and Sunday from 14:00 till 17:00.
Come and talk with us 🙂
You can be our first real tester of the Followbirds application!
The Birdwatching tour is scheduled on Saturday 28th from 9:00AM. We will have a plenty of time to give opportunity to test the app during the walk, discuss the functionalities and to survey our first users of the new platform for birdwatchers.
A Serra do Caldeirão e a bacia da Ribeira do Vascão são espaço de elevado valor natural, nomeadamente para aves. Aí residem algumas espécies emblemáticas da nossa fauna silvestre como a ameaçada Águia de Bonelli, a caçadora de cobras Águia-cobreira ou os coloridos Guarda-rios e Abelharucos. Nesta saída, o guia dará a conhecer algumas dessas espécies que habitam este território e explicará diversos aspectos da sua biologia e como os identificar.
Distância: 3 km (divididos em pequenos itenerários)
Guia: Miguel Mendes
We hope to see you there!
We are Barbara and Jordi from Followbirds team.
We’ve developed a birdwatching guide app named Followbirds, with our eyes set on the preservation of the Algarve’s beautiful natural landscapes. The app diversifies the nature-touristic offer in Algarve and enhance the user experience on the field. It is a personal field guide that includes high-quality bird information and bird photos, distinct walking routes, and a 360˚ view of specific suggested areas for nature enthusiasts to explore. It allows you to create and share you checklists and keep track of your observations! It is the perfect digital companion to discover the Algarve´s outdoors and the varied birdlife that inhabits this sunny expanse.
With this blog we want to share with you our latest news and thoughts. We’ll share the upcoming events and talk with many interesting people relating birdwatching or other topics that might enrich our starting community!
We participated in several interesting events, congresses and contests.
- In March 2018 we participated with Loulé Design Lab at the event Estrategias que Marcam 7 at the ESGHT – Escola Superior de Gestão, Hotelaria e Turismo in Faro.
- In October 2017, the French ornithology web Ornithomedia was writing about their experience at the Birdwatching Festival of Sagres and they’ve mentioned our project in their article! You can read it here.
- In September 2017, we joined the Loulé Design Lab, where we are now collaborating, co-working and co-creating together with the creative community, along with other very interesting projects. We are very excited to be there!
- We won a prize in the contest Ideias em Caixa 2016 in Algarve, in July 2017.
In July 2017, we’ve participated in yet another contest, the 9º Prémio Nacional Indústrias Criativas held in Porto.
- VII Birdwatching Festival in Sagres, October 2016
- IX Congress of Ornithology of SPEA & VI Iberian Congress of Ornithology at UTAD in Vila Real, April 2016
- IV International Congress on Tourism ESG / IPCA in Guimarães, December 2015
- VI Birdwatching Festival in Sagres, October 2015
If you would like to read more about the Followbirds project, you can read it here.
We hope you’ll enjoy it and thank you for being part of the Followbirds story! 🙂
Barbara and Jordi